1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 8:05 PM by Anonymous

Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?

Anonymous

Dear Apps Reseller Applicants,

As previously announced, starting August 1st, if you haven’t completed selling and deploying 25 licenses, you will need to sell and deploy 100 licenses in order for your application to be processed.

In order to understand whether you have managed to qualify before the implementation of the new requirement, check if your application page looks like either of the 2 options below before or on August 1st:

1. Step 2 - Sell 25 Google Apps licenses is completed

You qualified 25 licenses before the deadline. Your application will be processed as soon as you submit information for your credit check (step 3).

1. Step 3 - Pass a business credit check is completed

Once you hit ‘Submit’ on step 3 of the application, we are notified that you completed all your steps on your application. A member of the Partner Program Support Team will initiate your authorization process and be in contact with you via email in the next few days.

Please be aware that the processing of your authorization into the Partner Program may begin and continue after August 1st.

Cheers!

Partner Program Support Team

• 1. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?

Hi, I need some help here, I have three main questions, first:

I have a charter school with webmail issues and about to renew their office licenses (a perfect fit for gapps for education), they need 500 seats plus admin addresses, can I do it?, I'm in the process of reaching the 100 licences to be moved up, that's why I ask.

My second question is, I have a customer with around 17 accounts, and they are being managed by another company overseas, but they want to have a local company in charge (us), if they give me the support pin the accounts will belong to us immediately or after we reach the 100 licenses? or are this kind of cases valid for the 100 licences?

And my third question is, what about non profits?, I have two nonprofits that want me to support them do they count?.

Thanks

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?

Jessica Minghinelli, can you help me with this?

• 3. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
              Anonymous

Hi Rowland,

Thanks for reaching out and posting your question here

Regarding the Charter School, if they are Google Apps for Education so then it isn't going to be possible.

If the customer with around 17 accounts, is still under another reseller, so then the accounts won't belong to you.

And for the Non-Profits, they don't count unless they buy Google Apps for Work accounts.

Hope this answers your queries

Regards

Rana

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                Anonymous

Hello,

I am trying to get a bit more information or perhaps get help with my current situation. I have recently started a small IT Business in Breckenridge, TX which I suppose through research would be considered to be an Urban Cluster, not that this matters much with this question, but does have a little bearing as to why it is being asked. I have worked with Google Apps for Education as the Tech Director for Woodson ISD now for almost two years and absolutely love what Google has been able to bring to the table, however, now that I venture into this aspect I have hit a snag / issue that I cannot see many ways around.

Currently, Google Resellers must deploy 100 licenses in order to qualify for the Google Resellers Program and this is where I find my issue. Breckenridge and the surrounding areas within a 50 mile radius are comprised mainly of small businesses, most of which do not have / see a need for domain email addresses or online storage. As I continue to push those that do come to me to Google, I find a major issue. These businesses that I am moving to Google either have limited knowledge of the Admin side of the Google Apps (they mainly know Google by Google Search and Gmail and know nothing of Drive, Calendar, Vault, etc...), or they don't want anything to do with the Admin side. They want me to set it up for them, configure it, and maintain it if they find the need to add a user or assist them with setting a portion of it up to suite their needs. This being the case, I am left with what I see as only two options.

Option 1 - Tell them they must add an additional "Admin" account to their Apps for Work account (I am doing good to get 4-5 user accounts for these companies as it is, and those that don't need an account, will not get one.).

-OR-

Option 2 - Whomever I plan to setup to be the Google Admin Account, (typically business owner), they must provide me with their password or keep the password I initially create. Now from a business owner standpoint, privacy is typically a key component, making this a very touchy situation and one that not only makes them uncomfortable, but could easily put me and my business in a liability situation that I do not care to contend with. (What else does that password tie in with, and if something happened within the company, who all knew that password...) Maybe this is just an area of concern for me personally, and maybe I shouldn't worry about such.

In short, the 100 Licences is going to be almost impossible for me to achieve in a location such as this. There simply is not the volume of technology integrated businesses around to achieve such in the foreseeable future. My concerns with this do not fall within the scope of financial gain that comes with being a Reseller, but the ability to manage their content for them. Even if Google were to allow Custom Admin groups the ability to assign an admin outside of their domain, so that I may access their information. I am not sure what the easiest route for this would be, but without something changing I see it hard for me to try to push those businesses in Google's direction, which to me is a lose / lose situation for everyone involved.

Hopefully someone can assist with this, I know the guidelines and understand they must be in place. I just hope someone can understand that not all of us that are looking to help / push for Google are in areas that allow for something to this magnitude.

Thanks,

Richard

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                  Anonymous

Hi Rana Haffar,

If we deploy 100+ Google Apps licenses in school/colleges, then are we eligible to become authorized Google Apps reseller?

We have implemented Google Apps for Education in one of MBA institute last year, which doesn't belong to any reseller. Can it be considered in count of 100?

• 6. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                    Anonymous

Kiran Jadhav

No.  "To qualify for the Partner program, you must sell and deploy a minimum of 100 paid end-user accounts for a single business, or in total across multiple businesses."   From Program Details – Partner Program – Google Apps for Work

Happy New Year,

KAM

• 7. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                      Anonymous

Hi Kevin A. McGrail,

I disagree. What if company's focus is only Educational Institutes? In that case such companies are not eligible to become partner ever?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                        Anonymous

Don't shoot the messenger but that is exactly my understanding.  The link I sent you is explicit that they must be paid accounts plus it is called the GAfW partner program. 

Plus I've been in discussions first-hand about this as a request.

Ron Jarrell, care to add your $0.02?

regards,

KAM

• 9. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                          Anonymous

I am in the same boat with Kiran on this one. Though the school district I

have setup isn't big, it would be nice if it could count toward licenses. I

mean, isn't the end goal for Google to get users accustomed to Google

products in the hopes that when students leave they may use the paid setup

or to get businesses to incorporate Google Apps for Work because those

students that are coming into the job market will now be familiar with

Google? This used to be Microsoft's niche in the market in my eyes,

everyone was teaching Office, therefore that is what businesses used. Now,

they can use a free set of tools with Google, its a no-brainer for the

smaller, poorer school districts that cannot afford the 50-100 licenses for

Microsoft.

Overall, the end result is revenue potential for Google. Some schools may

not have the personnel that could take them into the realm of Google Apps,

which is where people like myself and Kiran come in and set the districts

up. Its understandable that we would get nothing from the billing side

since Google Apps for Education is free, but why could that not count

towards our totals?

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Google for Work Connect <

• 10. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?

Happy new year community,

Rana Haffar and Jessica Minghinelli, I got more than 100 licences and now I'm waiting to pass the credit check, it's going to take a while because of the holidays but I don't think I'll have any issues.

question: after passing  this credit check and become a reseller can I sell the .edu licences?.

Suggestion: Richard Sullivan has a point, and he has the same problem that I had or have until my application is approved, why can't we be gapps administrators without handling the billing? if you guys add the ability in the admin console to add users from an external domain (with gapps) and add them as administrators the discussion is over.

Don't forget that been a reseller is not a good deal unless you plan to do it seriously and have over 500 accounts, otherwise the paperwork is more expensive than the profit, but is always a good profitable thing to offer support and all you need to do that is to have a gapp account.

Thanks!!

• 11. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                              Anonymous

Hi.. My reseller application is pending for more than 3 weeks now . Every time I login i see the Business Credit Check Circle.

There is no update from Google

What do I do ? The support call is meant for end users I cannot reach the Reseller Support since I am not one yet.

Why does it take so much time, nobody has touch based with me in this time. We are clueless on the status of our application

Can you please respond

Regards
                              Pravin Mandlik

• 12. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                                Anonymous

Dear @Pravin Mandlik, please be patience, I applied on the 27 of dic, and I was approved yesterday, remember that most of the credit offices and related are closed during holidays.

I was desperate too, also after waiting for so long and got approved I realized that in order to deploy the .edu licences I needed to apply for google for education, so now I'm waiting to be approved on that.

So it's a long process, and I think is "normal"

Cheers.

• 13. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                                  Anonymous

Hi Rowland,

Thanks for writing back to me

You said your application was dated 27th Dec.. my application was submitted

on 17th Dec and yet I have not received a communication.

I hope to hear from the Google Team soon.

Regards

Pravin

• 14. Re: Have I managed to qualify before the 100 License requirement?
                                    Anonymous

That's way too much!.

Sorry to hear that.

1 2 Previous Next